hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes Novel)
Brittany Cavallaro
Uprooted
Naomi Novik

Angela: Asgard's Assassin (2014) #4

Angela Asgard's Assassin #4 - Kieron Gillen

Ok, this series just continues to be absolutely amazing. I seriously can't believe that beautiful balance that exists here between hilarious dialogue, gorgeous illustrations, and a brilliant storyline. I'll admit that this series isn't all fun and games. There's a lot of deep mythology surrounding Angela's existence, after all she is technically an Asgardian. Plus, Kieron Gillen and Marguerite Bennett aren't afraid to touch on a lot of topics that are important to our current society. They just do it in a way that makes for quite a ride, every single issue.

After all, where else can you find gems like this:

Symphonknee. *cracks up* Yeah, I laughed out loud when I read that. Plus the next piece of that panel reminds me of Grumpy Cat, which also made me laugh. Perfection.

This particular issue really pushes into the forefront the reason why Angela and Sera are on their particular quest. I kept wondering why they would put themselves so at risk. Why they would be willing to lose one another, again, for the sake of this child. Now that I know? Well, I'm on their side. Apparently so are the Guardians of the Galaxy, who do make a cameo in this issue. I LOVE Gamora, so this made me happy.

More, more, more!