hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

Happy November y'all!

Okay first, let's get this out of the way and show you my FAVORITE picture from our photo shoot. This will absolutely be blown up to ridiculous proportions to go on our wall at home. Whether my hubby likes it or not.

I know, right? *sigh* Totally worth traipsing into nature and skinning both my knees over. I don't even care.

In other news, I missed my darn Halloween bingo by ONE book. I never could quite finish The Small Hand in time, and so I'll forever know that I was so close. Dang. Bright side is that I finally got out of my reading slump, and that feels good. I'm raring to go and I may or may have not just gone and requested 10 books on the library website.

There's something about the holiday season (for me, that starts after Halloween) that just bolsters me. Work is quieter, people go off on vacation, people are nicer, snacks are had, and I get to spend time with friends and family. No matter how my year was, it seems like this time of year always makes things a little better. I love it.

I have to say, I'm pretty proud of how well I've done this year overall. Especially with my mental health. I've been gentle with myself, taken breaks when I needed them, been open and honest about how I feel, and it's really kept me at an even keel. I've even learned not to beat myself up when anxiety starts to win. I just throw my attentions to things that make me happy and center me. Like... embroidery!!!

I finished this beauty last week and, since this quote has become my mantra lately, couldn't wait to get it hung up. There's something about embroidery that makes me feel connected to myself... or something. It's hard to explain. All I know is that it makes me feel good.

So happy November all! May your holiday season be AMAZING.