hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

Hobbies and Happenings

Hey y'all. *flops on the floor* Can someone explain to me why it's not Friday yet, when it clearly feels like it should be? I've done more work in the last two days than all of last week, and I'm done with this week. I'm wishing I was home, and flopped out with a book and some wine.

I recently purchased this chair (and that pillow because... CUTE), and now I even have a storage ottoman to go with it! This is my new reading nook. Unsurprisingly, it's in the same room where my puppy resides. So I can chill, read books, drink wine, and hang with my girl. It's my happy place, and I so wish I was there pretty much all the time that I'm not. Hahaha. It's good to have a place to dream about.

I've also picked up my first ever embroidery project and, despite the fact that it has taken me somewhere upwards of 10 hours so far, am thoroughly enjoying it. I keep telling everyone that if you own anything hand embroidered, cherish it. It has a ton of love and time inside of it. It's really relaxing though, and a great way to kick back and listen to audio books.

Other than hiding in my reading nook, and working like mad, I've mostly been keeping to myself. I've kind of initiated this calm state inside of myself, where I try to make sure nothing makes me too stressed. When something feels too big, or too much, I step back to assess it before deciding whether it's worth my energy. It's been working great, honestly. My anxiety is at an all time low, and I'm really enjoying myself. Even my household chores haven't been an issue lately, and that's saying a lot. Hahaha. I used to have a meltdown when the dishes in the sink started to stack up.

Point being, I'm doing well. I come here and lurk, read all your posts, and swoop on through. I'm here! Just sometimes hiding. With the new upswing in my mood though, don't be surprised to see me posting random things again. *hugs*