hopelessbibliophile

Progress: 45/352pages
The Dovekeepers
Alice Hoffman

Book Blogger Tag!

Since Grim was kind enough to tag me in this, and I loved reading Troy's answers as well, I figured I'd give this a shot! It's a quiet day at work, blessedly. I'm taking that as a sign from the universe that this blogger tag is a must.

How long have you been a blogger?

I've been blogging since 2010. I stumbled upon a Penguin Pirate Reads and was amazed that there was such a thing as a book blog. You mean, people will LISTEN to what I have to say about books? I made a site, started the madness, and the rest is history. I've been book blogging ever since.

At what point do you think you'll stop?

Likely never, to be honest. I always find time for this, even if I lag a bit at certain times. It's my outlet, and my zen time. I actually love writing reviews.

What's the best thing?

Definitely the fact that there's so much amazing interaction in the book blog community. I love getting recommendations, sharing character obsessions, and just having someone who understands when you get to the end of a series and want to cry. It's pretty much the best feeling ever to have other people who share your passion.

What's the worst thing?  What do you do to make it ok?

The worst thing about blogging is getting over that hump of "no one EVER reads what I write". It took me a few years to realize that it didn't matter if people commented on my posts or not. It took me even longer than that not to care how many people were "following" me. I do this for me. If other people like it, cool!

How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?

Ooooh, tough one. It really depends on what I want. Picture of a book and some tea? Easy. Picture of a book and some tea that actually has free commercial use rights? A little harder. I'm a stickler for not posting anything on my blog that might have a copyright I don't have the permission to use. Which is why Pexels is my favorite site ever. Here on BL I don't worry so much though. So it's quick.

Who is your book crush?

Kate Daniels. No other explanation needed.

What author would you like to have on your blog?

Actually I've been blessed to have so many authors on my blog, that I don't think there are any I'm still waiting on! Twitter gives me all the author interaction I need, and that's why I love it so much.

What do you wear when you write your blog posts?

My infinite patience and wit.

How long does it take you to prepare?

To review? No time at all. I just let it all flow onto the page, and then go back and make sure I didn't make any grammar mistakes. I've gotten over writing "structured" reviews. If you want to know how I feel about a book, I'll tell you!

How do you feel about the book blogger community/culture?

For the most part, I totally love it! There are a few bad eggs here and there, but that's true of any community.

What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?

Write. Write what you want to write. Ignore everyone else and just be you. There's no magic formula that makes a blog successful. Plus, if you really love blogging, it shouldn't matter whether your blog is successful or not. Success means different things to different people. If my book review puts a book on someone's radar, I consider that a win.

So I guess I'm supposed to tag people? Well, I'm lazy. So I tag EVERYONE. If you haven't done this, do it. DO IT NOW.