hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes Novel)
Brittany Cavallaro
Uprooted
Naomi Novik

DNF @ 40%

Brandon Sanderson's White Sand Volume 1 - Brandon Sanderson, Rik Hoskin

I gave this a good run, specifically because I really love Brandon Sanderson. I wanted so badly to get lost in something new of his, and was entranced by the idea of one of his stories in a graphic novel format. Alas, this wasn't at all what I expected.

This story was flat at the best of times, which is why I only made it to the 40% mark. The magic system that exists here is interesting enough, but there's not a lot of backstory that explains why it exists. Enemies attack, and the reader has no idea who they are. A caste system exists, and the reader has no idea why. It's really frustrating, and not at all the way I wanted to spend an entire graphic novel.

Add in the fact that this file was a horribly rendered PDF, and I just couldn't do it anymore. I don't know where the artwork was meant to be that way, or if they lowered the clarity to protect the ARC, but either way it made it too frustrating to read. I'm moving on.