hopelessbibliophile

The Dovekeepers
Alice Hoffman

Finding Molly #1: An Adventure in Catsitting

Finding Molly #1: An Adventure in Catsitting - Justine Prado, Jenn St-Onge

I met the ladies from Emet Comics, last year at a comic convention, and instantly fell in love with their work. Although women are becoming more of a presence in the comic world, it was awesome to see a whole publishing company dedicated to creator owned comics, specifically by women! So anyway, I snagged all of the issue #1's and started stalking their webpage.

January came around, and Finding Molly popped up as a free webcomic on Emet's tumblr. In fact, it's still there if you want to go browse a bit, but I'll tell you right now that it struck a cord with me. Molly is adorable. She's the post-college every girl, who wants to do what she's passionate about, but is being held back by the lack of opportunity. I've been in her shoes, and I actually had to take a job in a different field to get out of those shoes. So I felt Molly's struggle, and loved her all the more for it.

The art is vibrant. All of the characters fit their art college, hipster, Los Angeles vibe to a tee. I giggled a ton while reading this, and it felt great to get lost in something so plush. It's crazy that there's so much truth here, but it skims along right under the bright and wonderful characters living it.

If you love cats, art, books, food, or any combination thereof, read this. It's wonderful.