hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

An update on all things Jessica.

It's apparently been a while since I've posted anything that wasn't book related, so I thought I'd give you guys an update on the goings on over here! I've been trying to stay as active as possible, despite the madness, but I haven't had time to properly sit down and write anything that wasn't a review. Go figure. Ha.

Anyway, the madness that we are currently wrapped up in is the quest for a house! The hubby and I have lovingly named 2016 "The Year We Get Our Castle". Our last name is Nottingham. And we may have made that up after hours of trekking through houses, when we were high off of espresso. Just maybe. But there you have it.

We've been trying to enjoy the process. It's stressful as hell, but it can be equally as fun if you try to make it that way. It's so fascinating to walk around in homes where people still live. It's like a snapshot into their lives. We saw one house that had a room with wall to wall bookshelves. Whoever lived there, I really wanted to shake their hand. Priorities for the win.

We hit the streets all day yesterday, and we're headed out to see another 8 or so houses today, so I have high hopes! We've seen some promising homes, but I haven't yet seen anything that screamed "BUY ME. You want to live here!" and that's what we're looking for. It's a huge investment, there's a ton of things to take into account, but we're not pressed for time and so we're taking it one day at a time.

If I see anything interesting in my travels, I'll share some pictures later :).

Wish us luck!