hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

Angela: Asgard's Assassin #3

Angela: Asgard's Assassin #3 - Phil Jimenez, Kieron Gillen, Stephanie Hans

I told you that Loki would be back! Yes, he's back and, from what I can tell, just as mischievous as ever. The Asgardians are hot on Angela and Sera's trail, and I'm just eating this up like candy. Have I mentioned how beautiful Angela's armor is? Well, guess what. It gets even more glorious. Seriously, the art in these books is just so decadent. There are a few panels here though that I thought were a little off. One in particular, Sera's eyes were a bit off, and I'll admit that it bugged me. Eh, you can't be perfect all the time, right?

This issue also holds the beginning of Sera's origin story and oh, my heart hurts from reading it. I don't want to spoil anything at all, in case there are some of you out there that want to dive into this series. What I will say, is that these authors are excellent at incorporating so many important things into one issue. Sera's origin story is both gorgeous, and tragic. It's honest, and is going to be one of those things that divides people on whether it's acceptable. I love that. I do.

Onward! I'm alternating between these, a few things I borrowed from the library, buddy reads with Grim, and my NetGalley pile. This year has already started out amazingly!