Jessica (HDB)

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 - Ryan North, Erica Henderson

I just...

I can't...

Look, I'm pretty much a newbie to the Marvel Universe. I'm dipping my toes in, taking recommendations from awesome reader friends and comic podcasts that I listen to. Across the board, this comic series has been praised. Doreen Green, and her squirrel powers, have been talked about time and time again. Is it any wonder that I had to see what all the hype was about? I'll tell you what. I'm so glad that I did. This made me smile ear to ear. It was such fun to read!

First off, mad props to the fact that our plucky heroine is such a curvy girl. It's mentioned more than once, and I busted up laughing when she mentioned her "conspicuously large and conspicuously awesome butt". I too have one of those. Granted that hers is because of her costume, but that still made me laugh out loud. Too bad for my husband that I chose to read this at 5:30 this morning. Oops.

Second, I can't gush enough about how vibrant and just downright addictive Doreen's character is. She's hilarious. She's honest. She's adorably awkward, and I could just eat her up. She has her own made up theme song, guys. Come on.

This was so much FUN!

More please. More more more.