hopelessbibliophile

Uprooted
Naomi Novik

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 1

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 - Kiyohiko Azuma

This is, without a doubt, the single cutest thing I have ever read in my entire life! Yotsuba is adorable, incorrigible, and downright charming. If you're having a bad day, and want to be reminded of why life is good, just give one of her stories a quick read. She finds enjoyment in everything, and her childlike wonder is smile worthy.

Remember the first time you saw an escalator? I do. I grew up in a city where everything was one story, so the first time I visited a two story mall when I was 7, I was completely enamored with the idea of moving stairs. HOW AMAZING! So I can't deny that I see a little of myself in Yotsuba, which is probably why I adore her so much. I giggled, I snickered, I had a giant smile pasted on my face while I was reading this volume. Kiyohiko Azuma has brought to life a little bundle of sunshine in this manga series.

Best part? It's perfect for all ages. I highly recommend this, and can't wait for my next volume to arrive in the mail!