hopelessbibliophile

Jackaby
William Ritter
Uprooted
Naomi Novik

Demeter (Ink and Thunder #2)

Demeter - Becky Cloonan

People of BookLikes, I hereby declare my undying girl crush on Becky Cloonan. Oh yes, it's official. Her Ink and Thunder series is beautiful. I read it, and I'm transported back to every time I read a Grimm's fairy tale for the first time. How new it felt. How easily I fell into the world that the story had planned for me. How devastating it felt when there was no more. That's the exact process I go through whenever I open one of these issues, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Demeter is a story of love, of loss, and of the sacrifices that come with both. There's nothing more satisfying for me than when a story I know well is taken and flipped. I don't want to spoil, but it's important to note that our female protagonist is the rock in this relationship. The rest falls into place, and then there's nothing but heartbreak. *sigh* Worth it. So very worth it.

I think this panel describes my feelings on whatever Cloonan decides to throw at me next.