hopelessbibliophile

William Ritter
Uprooted
Naomi Novik

I've read nothing.

I had big plans to read a bunch while I was off of work, but there's been so much going on that I haven't really been able to settle into it. I'm not super upset about it, to be honest! Binge watching NCIS with my mom and her puppies, while eating Chinese food, is a pretty darn good substitute.

It's pretty hard to concentrate on reading when this little guy, in his striped pajamas, is snuggling up to you. He won't sleep until someone is right next to him. He's so darn cute!

We also took some time out to take our yearly pictures! My hubby is a sweetheart, and puts up with my demand that we take pictures every single year around this time. I keep telling him that when we're 80 we can flip back through them and comment on how young we looked. Hahaha. This year we waited about an extra month, and it was SO COLD outside. That's why I'm all bundled up. Good thing my sister had a scarf to lend me.

So, no, I haven't done much reading. I hit my yearly goal of 200 books, and upped it to 225 for fun. Will I reach it? Maybe not! I'm not too worried about it. This is my favorite time of year, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.