hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

The Immortal Heights (Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas
Keltair's Ride (Hunt for the Shadowmakers Book 1)
Wolfen M.
The Dovekeepers
Alice Hoffman

iZombie Vol 1: Dead to the World

iZombie, Vol. 1: Dead to the World - Chris Roberson, Mike Allred

Hmm... how do I feel about this? Well, first off I've never seen the show but a friend recommended this graphic novel so I bit. I like zombies, so why not! What's weird about this particular story though, is it's... fluffy? I think that's the right word. Zombie stories are normally dark, blood-filled things. I think the only other fluffy zombie book I've ever experienced was Isaac Marion's Warm Bodies, which I admittedly loved. Still, this was the first graphic novel version of that. Am I rambling? I'm rambling. I know.

Anyway, this wasn't a bad story by any means. Gwen is likable (which still feels odd to say about a zombie), as were her other misfit friends. There were a few plot holes, but nothing too over the top. Really what kept me reading most of all was the newness of it all. After all, who doesn't want to watch Gwen solve a murder mystery? Especially if she's getting all her info from eating brains. Maybe it's morbid, but I thought that was fascinating. I mean, if you have to be a zombie might as well be an interesting one!

Will I read the next volume? Probably! These are free to borrow through my library app, and I liked this first volume enough to continue on.