hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

Pixu: The Mark of Evil

Pixu: The Mark of Evil - Becky Cloonan, Fábio Moon, Gabriel Bá, Vasilis Lolos

So I honestly don't have much to say about this one. Pixu: The Mark of Evil sets out to be dark and disturbing. It's a tale about a group of people, linked by the darkness overtaking them, and all headed for certain destruction. In theory, that sounds like a story that I'd be all over. In practice, it's very odd and more than a little confusing.

While I thought that the art in Pixu: The Mark of Evil was a little rough, I actually did end up liking it after a while. It sets the stage for malice and mystery. The problem with this graphic novel lies mostly in the story itself. It is terribly disjointed. There's no time to fully understand where any one person in this story is actually coming from, and so reading this is like holding on to a piece of driftwood in a rough current. Only that piece of driftwood keeps getting smaller and smaller. There's nothing to cling to.

That's my spiel. I think this was a great idea, it just needed more polish.