hopelessbibliophile

Jessica (HDB)

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta - Steve Moore, Alan Moore, Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski One of the few books I did not get the opportunity to read before the movie came out, I was so excited to read this book! I waited anxiously for it to come in the mail.When I started reading, I instantly found myself playing pieces from the movie in my head (one of the reasons I generally tend to avoid movies based on books), yet I pushed on. Then, oh then, surprise! There is so much more to this story than the movie shows us! I loved meeting the characters who played a part in the way that V behaves. I loved learning more and more about who he was behind that perpetually smiling mask.V for Vendetta is one of those books that makes you think about your life. After I read this, I again felt the same thing I felt after I saw the movie. I wanted to act! I wanted to protest something...anything! If a book can make me feel that way, I am sold!I truly loved this book! It yet again proves to me why books are so much better than their movie counterparts.