hopelessbibliophile

Uprooted
Naomi Novik

The Wicked + The Divine, Vol 2: Fandemonium

The Wicked + The Divine Vol. 2: Fandemonium - Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie

Oh, my heart. She is broken, and now I'm questioning why I started this madness when I knew for a fact that this is an ongoing story. THE ENDING! Oh, the ending. Since I've sworn to myself that I will only buy W+D books in trade paperbacks, I'm going to have to wait very impatiently until volume 3 comes out to find out what happens. I guess my poor heart is going to have to stay broken.

Now that I've whined at you, let the gushing commence! Volume 2: Fandemonium was absolutely stunning. Although I definitely missed Luci, there were so many new gods to meet and swoon over. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, having this series set against the backdrop of the pop elite is brilliant. Each god that comes into the picture has their own flair, their own attitude, and their own draw. The way that Jamie McKelvie illustrates them makes you understand why so many people are in love with them. I admit it, I'm in love with them too.

This volume has so many things happening, that it made my head spin! There definitely isn't a dull moment and, while I knew that ultimately Laura was headed for disaster with her investigation, the climax of this story still shocked the hell out of me. Inanna and Dionysus made their debuts, and things quickly spiraled into a place where I was just hanging on for dear life. The story telling here is brilliant. It wraps you up, and drags you along. Although not much dragging is required. Oh, you'll go willingly. Kieron Gillen ensures that.

Ah, you lovely and evil series you. I guess The Wicked + The Divine is a fitting title, yes? I'll be over here, rocking back and forth, eagerly waiting for the next volume to come out.