hopelessbibliophile

Alice Hoffman
Uprooted
Naomi Novik

Rating System

Since I've had such a good time reading the rating systems of people on here, I thought I'd put my own out! This comes directly from my main blog, and I always stick to it.

***

5  - This book was pure perfection. It may have been the depth of the characters, the sweeping world building, or the brilliant story line, but something about this book stole my heart. These are books that will become old friends, and be re-read many times. Please understand that a five star rating means that these books are highly recommended!

***

- Books rated at this level are ones that captured my attention, but were probably missing that certain spark that sets them apart. I will always explain what was missing. These stories may not have hit that top mark, but are still definitely recommended!

***

3 - Books rated at this level are stories that I am on the fence about. The writing may have been top notch, but the characters needed more depth. Or the characters very strong, but the world building lacking. Again, I will always let you know the specifics on what was missing. A three star rating is still a strong rating, and I recommend  you give these books a shot!

***

2 - Books rated at this level are ones that I had a hard time getting through. A book rated at two stars means that I did indeed finish it, but it probably wasn't my cup of tea.

***

- It is very unlikely you will ever see books rated at this level, because this means I was completely unable to finish a book. Only DNF ("did not finish") books receive a one star rating.