hopelessbibliophile

The Dovekeepers
Alice Hoffman

Burn For Me (Hidden Legacy #1) by Ilona Andrews

Burn for Me -  Ilona Andrews

ALL THE STARS! Just take all the stars, Burn For Me. If there's one thing I've learned in my manic fandom of Ilona Andrews, it's that I'm never disappointed. They write amazing women, they write equally amazing men, and there are never any obnoxious drama-filled fight scenes or catty love triangles. However, there are always deliciously steamy scenes, and so I'm a happy reader. All the things I love, none of the things I don't. They get all the stars.

For those of you who have been following me, you know that I'm head over heels for Kate Daniels. As much as I love other Andrews books, up until now Kate has been my favorite. I think, and this is big, Nevada may have just tied for first place. I loved her character! Loved her fire, her loyalty to her family, and the way that she was always putting herself and her career first. In the same respect, I think Mad Rogan may have stolen the top spot from Curran. Oh sure, Curran is a shifter. But Rogan? Oh, he's terrifying and gorgeous. Smart, connected, sexy as hell. There isn't too much steaminess in this book, but the one scene that is there? Well. It's not what you'd expect and yet it's so very hot. *happy sigh* Rogan is just so damn yummy.

I know this review is a rambling mess, and I'm okay with that! It exactly mirrors the thoughts flitting around inside my head. There has been a distinctly Andrews shaped hole in my reading world, and now I can look forward to a new Kate Daniels book and a new Nevada Baylor book in the same year! Life is good friends. Life is good.