hopelessbibliophile

Alice Hoffman
Uprooted
Naomi Novik

The TBR Problem

Ah, the dreaded TBR. All bookworms have one. It might range in size, sure. Some have stacks, others have mountains. Me? I have a full on CASTLE. I call it Castle Nottingham. One day I'm seriously debating on working those books into an official looking castle I can hide in and read. That's for another day though.

It used to be, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, that I only had books on my shelves that I'd already read. I'd buy a book, devour it from cover to cover, and then shelve it. Then, I started reviewing. Books poured in. Even now, TOR (who I love to the ends of the Earth) sends me almost every book in their catalog. They're amazing. I am not. I very rarely ever get to those little gems they send me.

So, I've made an official decision that I am not requesting any books in 2015. Nope. None. I haven't since January anyway, since I've been busy with work, and I'm going to keep it up. I've found it to be so much more fun to pick and choose what I want to read. To wander to the overflowing shelves and see what will strike my fancy. I still have a pretty massive backlog of books I did promise to review (60 to be exact) that I'm working my way through. But it feels different, knowing that I won't keep pushing myself further under water.

I love books. I love reading. I need to make sure I keep it that way. No stress.